A worldwide event to raise awareness about hunger, World Food Day provides a great opportunity start alleviating hunger in your own community--share info about holistic nutrition, plan a food garden, be active. Education makes a difference!
Sign the petition to end world hunger here: http://www.1billionhungry.org/
To find a World Food Day event in your area, visit the World Food Day USA website here: http://www.worldfooddayusa.org/CMS/2950/18971.aspx
How will you help raise awareness? Here are 5 simple things you can do year-round to help alleviate hunger:
- Make a YouTube video and send the link to everyone you know.
- Organize an outreach project on your college campus.
- Use the World Food Day curriculum (or develop your own!) and lead a discussion with kids in your local community.
- Plant a community food garden.
- Share information about World Food Day and healthy nutrition with everyone you can. Talk to people!
The American College has several downloads you can use to start planning your own World Food Day event. Download them here:
- ACHS Wellness Guide: http://www.achs.edu/news/news-detail.aspx?nid=225
- YouTube Videos (ACHStv), Diet and Lifestyle Choices for Health, Part 1-5: http://www.youtube.com/achstv#p/u/17/ELimj5QlFfY
- Organic Gardening Guide: http://www.apothecary-shoppe.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=1602