Thursday, September 8, 2011
8:30am - 5:30pm
Mesirow Financial Services Auditorium
353 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654
Register by August 25 and save $100 on registration!
The AHPA Congress on NDIs will sift through the clutter, the hype and unanswered questions on NDIs to provide clarity and help industry companies answer the following questions:
- How would the FDA draft guidance on NDIs--if it is not amended--affect your business and the kind of products that you sell?
- What specific sections of FDA's draft need to change to protect consumer access to a broad range of supplements?
- Should your company file comments to try to change the FDA draft guidance?
- What should your comments--and those from AHPA--tell FDA?
- Do you need to file NDIs for your particular class of ingredients and/or products?
- Exactly how do you do that?
- The AHPA Congress on NDIs is geared to all companies that rely on new products and product innovation and whose products fall under the regulatory framework created by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA).
Session 1: Crafting an Industry Response to the NDI Guidance
McGuffin--widely considered to be one of the industry's leading experts on NDIs--will moderate this town-hall-style discussion on the development of industry's comments regarding the draft NDI guidance. Participants will have the opportunity to voice their concerns and positions and have them discussed among a panel of attorneys recognized as NDI experts, including:
Anthony Young, Esq., AHPA General Counsel and Partner, Kleinfeld, Kaplan & Becker
Alan Feldstein, Esq., Counsel, Collins, McDonald & Gann
Jim Prochnow, Esq., Partner, GreenbergTraurig (invited)
Ashish Talati, Esq., Partner, Amin Talati
Session 2: Filing Successful NDI Notifications
The afternoon session features preeminent companies with real-world experience in creating high-caliber, successful NDI submissions. The presenters will deliver practical, hands-on information and advice on the necessary steps needed to develop and submit NDI notifications for numerous product categories.
CANTOX, an InterTek Company
The Program - Thursday, September 8, 2011
8 - 9 a.m. - Registration, Continental Breakfast, Networking
9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Session 1
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch, provided by Grifcon Enterprises
1:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Session 2
5:30 p.m. - Adjournment
Attendance is limited to 100 participants. Early registration is suggested. Click HERE to register.
Conference Location & Lodging Information
The AHPA NDI Congress will be held at the Mesirow Financial corporate headquarters, 353 North Clark St., Chicago, IL 60654.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at the Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North for the night of September 7 at a special rate of $159 on a first-come, first-served basis. For reservations at the discounted price, contact Liz Rejniak, Gray's Travel Management, via phone: 800.966.8728, or email. Mention the "AHPA-Mesirow Congress" to receive this discount. Please do not contact the hotel directly.