This Valentine’s Day, create a romantic atmosphere with aromatic essential oils.
Traditional "romance" oils like jasmine, rose, and ylang ylang work well in blends with neroli, but for a little extra spice, you may also want to try adding essential oils like black pepper, bergamot, patchouli, and vetiver.
To create a sensual atmosphere, you can:
- Create a private space.
- Fill your space with your favorite colors and fabrics, including pillows and/or blankets.
- Minimize outside noise.
- Details: relaxing music, aromatherapy candles, and fresh flowers.
- Diffuse the essential oil of your choice into the room (essential oils can also be added directly into massage oils and bath water; see the recipe included below).
- Focus on comfort and intent.
- Communicate through all of your senses; don’t focus on conversation only.
- Play. Laugh. Enjoy yourself.
Basic Aromatic Massage Oil
- Sweet almond oil: 4 oz
- Rose Rosa damascena oil: 1-2 drops
- Jasmine Jasmine grandiflorum: 1-2 drops
To learn more about the health benefits of aromatherapy for personal and professional use, check out ACHS's aromatherapy training programs and aromatherapy classes online here: http://www.achs.edu/academics/aromatherapy/courses