Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you?


BY Chris Fierro, ACHS Admissions Advisor


Where were you on this day, September 11, eight years ago?


I was living in Brooklyn, working in Brooklyn Heights. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and took a jog across the Brooklyn Bridge. Truth be told, it was one of the most beautiful mornings I had ever experienced. The air was crisp and cool. The sky was beautiful. I remember thanking God for such a beautiful day.


As we all know, that day turned into a tragedy for thousands. Really, a tragedy for the world.


I will never forget watching people fall, towers fall. Men, women, and children of all backgrounds running for their lives across the the same bridge that I had thanked God for life on that very same day.


The surreal events of that day have motivated my daily activities since then. How can I make a difference in the world? How can I show my appreciation for what is really important?


For those that I have helped to live their passion at ACHS, thanks for letting me be a part of making a difference.


Where were you on this day, eight years ago?

No comments:

ShareThis