Tuesday, November 29, 2011

ACHS Graduate Kristi Rimkus Launches iApp and eBook Series Cooking Light Done Right

“I get a tremendous amount of satisfaction when people tell me they've tried a recipe and they were pleasantly surprised that ‘healthy’ food could taste good,” says Kristi Rimkus, American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS) graduate. “It's even more fun when they tell me how they improved my recipe to meet the tastes of their family. To me, this means they are finding the fun in cooking, and that's what will keep them cooking at home, instead of heading through the local drive through.”

Rimkus, who graduated from the ACHS Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting and Certificate in Wellness Consulting programs, recently launched an iApp based on popular recipes found on her food blog Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right, as well as an eBook cookbook series, Cooking Light Done Right, available through DigiGlyph Transmedia Publishing (http://digiglyph.org/publications/cooking-light/).

“My goal is to show people how to cook wholesome food that will help them maintain a healthy weight. In the future, I hope to start working with mature women to help them meet their wellness goals,” says Rimkus.

Her inspiration is personal. Fifteen years ago, Rimkus lost 40 pounds. She learned that cooking low calorie, fresh foods for her family was the key to keeping the weight off, and that if the food appealed to them, everyone’s health would be improved.

“Cooking healthy meals became such a passion for me that I decided to learn as much as I could about nutrition. After thoroughly researching schools, I decided that ACHS was the place for me. I made the right choice, and finished a nutrition and wellness certification this past year,” Rimkus says.

After observing the eating habits of her friends and family, Rimkus says, she realized nutrition and lifestyle can be improved to alleviate common issues, like aches, pains, and obesity. By sharing her experience with her friends, family, and clients, Rimkus also hopes to lead by example.

Her ultimate goal is to start a consulting business to help women lose weight and feel fit.

“The second half of life should be full of life and fun,” Rimkus says. “I want to help women enjoy it.”

“Having a Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting and a Certificate in Wellness Consulting from ACHS gives me the confidence to talk about nutrition and wellness because I've studied the subject thoroughly with terrific instructors and fellow students.”

To explore her cooking blog Mother Rimmy’s Cooking Light Done Right, visit http://motherrimmy.com, and download some new recipes! You can also connect with Kristi on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mother-Rimmys-Cooking-Light-Done-Right/198796111691 or email her at motherrimmy@gmail.com.

For more information about the ACHS Certificate in Holistic Nutrition Consulting and a Certificate in Wellness Consulting programs, visit www.achs.edu, call (800) 487-8839, or email admissions@achs.edu.

Image © Kristi Rimkus. (2011). Pictured: Kristi Rimkus with her daughter Lauren.

1 comment:

Terry Zeta said...

It's good to know that we can make a delicious yet healthy foods. I also want to learn how to cook. Maybe she'll able to teach me through posts and links. :)

ShareThis