Studies show that allergies are often a reaction to a combination of things. For many, budding spring plant life and pollen are irritants. But other, more hidden irritants include: food allergies, environmental irritants (such as, chemical-based cleaners, room sprays, and dryer sheets), and dust.
The good news: There are several alternative products and strategies you can use to sooth your allergies. The benefits: health tools like supplements, herbs, essential oils, and lifestyle modifications are natural, cost effective, and can work fairly quickly to bring relief.
Here are 8 tips for tackling your allergies naturally:
- Incorporate native plants into your diet.
- Eat 1-2 tablespoons of local, raw honey every morning.
- Diffuse peppermint essential oil throughout your home and, or office.
- Add fresh herbs to a hot bath and deeply breathe in the steam.
- Take supplements, including: echinacea, goldenseal, and vitamin C.
- Clean and dust regularly. You don’t have to use chemicals; a steam mop works great.
- Exercise. Physical activity strengths the body and boosts immunity. Try to exercise outside in the early morning, before allergens kick up.
- Facial massage is a simple way to relive pressure built-up in the sinus.