All of the recipes from the workshop's demonstrations can be downloaded for free from the Apothecary Shoppe College Store website. Click here: http://www.apothecary-shoppe.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=1548
Here are some of the tips and suggestions for making and using natural products that were shared with workshop participants throughout the day:
- When stressed, it is important to calm the sympathetic nervous system (responsible for the "fight or flight" response). To do this, use some deep breathing at least twice a day.
- Store natural products carefully. Air and light can diminish the active constituents in herbs and essential oils.
- Coat your body in your favorite base oil and essential oil blend in the morning before you step into the shower. This will stimulate your senses and hydrate at the same time.
- When making a natural product that requires the use of glycerin, make sure your glycerin is plant-based. Glycerin is a humectant and holds in moisture.
- After you have stripped lavender from its stalk, do not throw the stalk away. You can use lavender stalks in fireplaces/fire pits to add some soothing hints of lavender.
#1 Become a Fan of ACHS: http://www.facebook.com/ACHSedu
#2 Subscribe to ACHStv on YouTube, where we have posted hours of instructional holistic health videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/achstv