You do not need to invest in diffusers or other aromatherapy equipment, although they can be quick and easy ways to disperse essential oils into the air. The following suggestions do not require an investment in any equipment:
- Use two or three drops on the filter pad of your vacuum cleaner to leave a refreshing aroma around your home as you do the housework.
- Add two or three drops to the edge of the toilet roll before placing on the toilet roll holder.
- Place a few drops on cotton balls that are distributed in drawers, wardrobes, closets, and cupboards. A good night's rest is ensured if placed into pillowcases. This will also help keep moths and insects out of linen.
- Use as a room freshener. Pour directly on cotton balls and leave in a room. This is particularly good for freshening up a room that is stale with cigarette smoke or pet odors.
- Sprinkle a few drops on potpourri to revive the original fragrance.
- Sprinkle a few drops in and around drains, into the trash bin, compost bucket, toilet bowl, and in the dishwasher.
- Add a few drops to the washing machine or dryer when doing laundry. For dryers, add the oil to a dry cloth and place it into the dryer along with the wet laundry.
- Add a drop of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) to the water that you add to your steam iron or use a hydrosol.
- You can use essential oils in every room in your house: kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom, laundry, and even in the garden.